Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Double Serving of Chocolate

It has been a while since I have posted but I have been sick since Sunday so....things have been a little slow. Today I'm going to be posting up two recipes that I used recently. They are partly mash-ups of things from the internet and also partly my creations.

I wrote down my recipes ages ago, and just happened to use both of them recently. They are both chocolate recipes hence the title of this blog post. I hope that you guys will enjoy it.

The first recipe is a good old favourite for dark chocolate brownies. The dark chocolate helps to create a more intense chocolate flavour and makes the brownies even more addictive than you would think. There isn't much I can say apart from tell you that this is an original recipe, I think.....Anyways, let's get started

Ingredients
250g butter
400g dark chocolate
80g cocoa powder
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
360g sugar
4 eggs

Method
1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt the butter and 300g of the chocolate.
3. Add in the eggs to the chocolate and butter mix when it has melted and mix till smooth.
4. Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar to the chocolate mixture. Mix till smooth.
5. Chop up the remaining 100g of chocolate and stir into brownie mixture. (In this step you can also add other chocolate varieties and nuts of you wish)
6. Pour into a rectangular tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until the centre springs back.
7. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.

And there you have it, my version of brownies. You may find that you get a more sponge-y brownie than usual this way, but that is how I like my brownies. If you want the centre to be more fudge-y you can always decrease the amount of flour to about half.




My next recipe is something that I made recently upon a friends request to re-taste my baking. This recipe is going to be for my version of soft chocolate cookies. There isn't much to it, I can't remember where I got the inspiration from but I have made my own changes to it as well. But here goes

Ingredients 
250g softened butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
200g milk chocolate

Method
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs in one at a time and then beat until well mixed.
3. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Melt 100g of the chocolate.
6. Combine the butter mixture, dry ingredients and melted chocolate. Mix well.
7. Leave dough covered in the fridge for an hour or until easily handled.
8. When ready to bake preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
9. Roll tablespoonful sized balls of dough and then slightly flatten them.
10. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until the edges are firm.
11. Whilst cookies are baking, melt the remaining chocolate with about 40ml of water. Mix until smooth.
12. When the cookies are done take them out and let them cool on a wired rack.
13. When the cookies have cooled decorate with the melted chocolate. You may need to reheat the chocolate.

And then you are done. You can decorate the cookies anyway you want, I opted for a squiggly pattern on the cookies.




And there you have it. Here are my two chocolate-y posts today. I hope that you guys will get enough of your chocolate fix from these two posts. And maybe one day I will film myself making these goodies. But until I blog again I hope that you stay safe, happy and most important of all healthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment