Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bittersweet Chocolate Tart

Hey guys, so today is the first day of my two week break. There is so much that I need to get done in this time, but I haven't forgotten you. I will try to keep on posting, but it might get a bit hard. At least I have posted once in the break ^^

Today I have decided to go with something different from usual. I am going to post about a dish that is NOT Korean. I feel that I should try to expand a bit more and also be posting about other dishes.

Today it is going to be a dessert. Bittersweet chocolate tart. This is a detectable tart that you will love to have as a dessert on a winter's night. It is the perfect way to cap off a week, so do try it some time soon.

Ingredients
250g plain flour
75g unsalted butter, cubed
pinch of salt
90g of sifted icing sugar
4 tbsp full cream milk, and 55ml extra
2 egg yolks
1 cup thickened cream
200g dark bittersweet chocolate crushed
1 extra large egg, beaten
cocoa powder (garnish)

Method
Pastry
1. Place flour, butter, salt and icing sugar in a food processor and process for 20 seconds.
2. Add 55ml milk and egg yolks and process for 30 second
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured bench and form a ball
4. Wrap in plastic and place in fridge for an hour

1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius and butter a 28cm tart tin
2. Roll out pastry until 2cm wider than tart tin
3. Gently ease pastry into tin and then rest it in the fridge for 30 min
4. Line tart tin with foil and add rice and blind bake for 20 min.
5. Remove rice and foil and brush with the egg wash and cook for 10 min
6. remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 200 Celsius
7. Make the filling; place cream and remaining milk in a saucepan and bring to boil
8. Remove from heat and add chocolate, stirring until it is smooth
9. Strain the egg into the mixture and stir until absorbed
10. Pour warm mixture into tart shell and smooth off
11. Turn off oven, and bale for 20 min or until set
12. Allow tart to cool, then sprinkle cocoa powder and leave it out until ready to eat (DO NOT REFRIGERATE)





And that is it from me. You now have a wonderful recipe for silky smooth chocolate tart that is perfect all year around.

I will try to post more, but if I can't I really am sorry. Until the next time I post remember to take care, keep healthy and happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment