Sunday, May 13, 2012

Clay Pot Bulgogi Ttukbaegi Bulgogi (뚝배기 불고기)

I know that I promised a blog post in time for Mother's Day but I am sorry that I am posting this ON Mother's Day. I have been busy with school and with the approach of exams again.

I will be making a quick post today that is perfect for the approaching cold weather in Sydney. Today I will be introducing you to a dish that I believe should be familiar to you, but with a twist. The dish is clay pot bulgogi 뚝배기 불고기 (ttukbaegi bulgogi). You may remember that I posted a recipe for normal bulgogi, you can find it here.

Clay pot bulgogi is perfect for a quick meal when you don’t have time to prepare too much because you are too cold. You can use leftover bulgogi meat from another time that you have in excess.

Now to the recipe:

Ingredients
2 Cups Marinated Bulgogi (including some juice from the marinated beef)
1 Cup Water
1 Handful Spinach
1 Handful Enokitake Mushrooms
1 Handful Cellophane Noodles (DangMyun)

Method
1. Prepare 2 cups of marinated bulgogi, 1 handful of spinach, 1 handful of enokitake mushrooms, and 1 handful of cellophane noodles.
2. Remove the bottom of the mushrooms.
3. In a pot, add 2 cups of marinated bulgogi and 1 cup of water.
4. Cut 1 handful of cellophane noodles in half with scissors. Before you add the noodles to the stew, boil the noodles in water for about 5 minutes. When the stew starts to boil, add the noodles.
5. Boil the stew on medium until the beef is completely cooked.
6. Once the beef has complete cooked add all other ingredients. Boil for 2 more minutes on high, and then turn off the heat.





And there you have it, a quick and tasty dish that you can have ready in no time as the cold approaches.

I really am sorry that I have not been posting much lately, but school still is the priority. I will try to post again next week. Until then remember to stay warm, healthy and happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment