Sunday, October 30, 2011

Red Bean Ice-Cream 팥 아이스크림

Hey guys...I'm back again this week, and I'm not in a rush this time so....it might be a long-ish post. Probably not because I have only had enough time to prepare one recipe..... >.<

Anyways, I am finally doing a Korean recipe again. It has been so long, it must have been like what....a month since my last Korean recipe?

Recently it has been really warm in Australia...so I'm going to introduce to you guys a refreshing Korean dessert...ok, is isn't really all that Korean. You can say that it is a fusion Korean and Western take on something that we all like to eat, sans those who are lactose intolerant.

So I'm going to show you guys how to make Red Bean Ice-Cream. It is pretty simple and there are two ways of making it..one is a cheat's way and the other....not a cheats way I guess.

There really isn't any history lesson for this dessert because it is a fusion thing...and you can pretty much guess from the title. It is just red bean flavoured ice-cream.

To get started....the not cheats way first

Ingredients
2 Cup Red Bean Paste
2 Cup Whipping Cream
1 Cup Milk
8 Tbsp Sugar <-- to be adjusted to your liking

Method
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl
2. Combine the mixture until it is smooth
3. Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds
4. Let it harden over 6 hours
5. Take it out and enjoy!!!


You may find that it is a bit harder compared to normal ice cream, but that is normal. If you try the cheats way it should be considerably more
soft.
Cheats way

Ingredients

2 Cup Red Bean Paste

1 L of Vanilla ice-cream
sugar to adjust to your liking

Method
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl
2. Combine the mixture until it is smooth
3. Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds
4. Let it harden over 6 hours
5. Take it out and enjoy!!!


Ok, so there you have it, two ways to make red bean ice cream. Two recipes, the same result and pretty much the same work. you can choose which one you can to use. If you are wanting to get even more fancy inc-cream I suggest you use the first recipe and an ice-cream mixture to get a proper ice-cream result.

Anyways, like I said. There you have it a refreshing Korean dessert to eat as you tackle the hot and humid Australian weather at the moment. I know that it is starting to get cold in Korea....so it is a bit weird to be posting a summer dessert now. But I will try to post something for the Korean readers in the coming week.

That is it from me today...and I will be back soon ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment