Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sundae Bokkeum 순대볶음

I'm bacccccckkkkk :D:D

So happy that exams are over and that I get to return to blogging about the things I love, food and especially Korean food. Gosh, there has been so much that I wanted to blog about in the past month but I couldn't blog because I had to study...Now I can blog as much as I like.

Hmm, for my first dish since returning to blogging...I'm going to teach you guys how to cook Sundae Bokkeum 순대볶음.

Sundae Bokkeum is a Korean Noodle dish. It makes use of the famous korean sausage ( Korean dish made generally by boiling or steaming cow or pig's intestines that are stuffed with various ingredients)and serves it with sweet potato noodles known as dangmun in a spicy sauce.It is usually a stir fry of the sundae, noodles, vegetables and gochujang. You may substitute for other noodles if you are unable to get hold of this type, such as starch noodle, but you should be able to fine it in an asian market.

You may have trouble finding sundae because it is a korean food that may not been exported, but if you really can't fine it then I guess a similar type of blood sausage will be ok, but try to stick to the original.

Anyways, for the recipe.

Ingredients
500g of Korean Sundae
1/4 Cabbage
1 Carrot
1 handful of sweet potato noodles
1 handful of rice cakes
1 tablespoon of gochujang
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of red pepper powder
1 tablespoon of sugar

Method
1. Begin the dish by boiling the noodles and rice cake in a saucepan.
2. Slice the cabbage and cut the carrot in to chunks and fry in a frying pan, carrots in first until well cooked.
3. In a bowl mix gochujang, soy sauce, red pepper powder and sugar with about 1/2 a cup of water to make a sauce.
4. Cut the Korean Sundae in to slices and add this and the sauce to the frying pan and cook for a few minutes, and then reduce the heat. When the noodles are cooked drain and add to the frying pan and mix well and cook for a final few minutes.

Serve on a plate and enjoy straight away!

So that is that. It really isn't hard to make, I think the most difficult part will actually be finding the sundae.

Until tomorrow...another past tomorrow ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment